June 17, 2009

The shower incident AND Thanksgiving in June.

Last night while I was in the shower, I got the scare of my life. I was finishing up,rinsing my hair out, kind of hurrying so I could check on dinner (see below). All of a sudden, I hear this loud POP sound, almost like a gunshot. It caught me off guard and made me jump so bad that I slipped and had to catch myself (luckily I did) on the side of the bathtub.

I had no idea what the noise was - at first. As I got up off of the bathtub floor, scared out of my mind, I looked around. What did I find? My shaving cream, somewhat exploded. The cap had popped off by itself, hence the noise. So, once my heart beat slowed down and I was able to compose myself, I rinsed off my shaving cream and put the cap back on. I thought nothing else of it. Because I'm an airhead.

Now, in all the years I've kept shaving cream IN the shower, this has never once happened. Never. NO matter how steamy or hot the bathroom or whatever. So, I found it odd that this happened so randomly. Now I've learned my lesson.

After my shower, as I was brushing my hair, I heard the pop again. This time, I knew what it was. The sound made me jump, but I didn't get terrified thinking it was gunshots this time. So I looked over and this is what I saw:

Some serious explosion, right? And you bet I left the mess there to show Justin and tell him about the scary situation I was in ;-).


For dinner yesterday, I made a turkey. A 10lb turkey to be exact. Just for the two of us. Reason? Well, we've had it in our freezer for about 6 months. We received it free around the holidays. Now that Justin isn't trucking anymore, we decided a few days ago to take it out to thaw and that we'd eat it in a few days (yesterday).

Obviously, it's not Thanksgiving. Something weird about me, though - I crave turkey dinners all the time. No joke. More times than not, when I go to a restaurant that serves some sort of turkey/Thanksgiving style dinner, I order it. I'm not even too sure why; I just enjoy the foods, and it kind of makes me think of the holidays? Comforting, I guess. So anyways, since the turkey I prepared was the very first turkey I've ever made by myself, I was very careful. I used the turkey sized oven bags, seasoned it deliciously, and was extremely careful with each step.

To go with it, to complete to "holiday" feeling I felt, I decided to go all out, kind of. Homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, green beans, and stuffing. Keep in mind it was just the two of us. Smart me, though, made small portions of each. Nothing went to waste thank goodness.

And let me tell you... everything came out wonderful! Surely I gave myself a few pats on the back. The turkey- perfect! My first one, a success. Only bummer about the dinner? We didn't get to enjoy it until pretty late. Justin got off work late, then had to sit in traffic for over an hour to get home. But it was worth it when he made it here.

(Again, I forgot to take a picture. I'll catch on someday and remember to take pictures of everything).

3 comments:

shalay said...

Ok, Thanksgiving food is like my favorite food of all time. I seriously get hit with cravings for it constantly. So yeah, next time you're in the mood to cook up a turkey dinner, don't hesitate to invite me over. :)

Anonymous said...

yay for your dinner! I always love it when meals come out great!

Annnnnd... i think I would have broke my neck if that happened to me in the shower... Thank god you were safe!

Bluebelle said...

Well done, that's impressive cooking! And that sounds terrifying, so not what you need when you're washing your hair!